Problem with MySQLe

Simon ESNEAULT simon.esneault at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 22:15:07 UTC 2009

Hi François,

I recently had exactly the same problem
In fact you need to install
- libmysqlclient15-dev
- libmysqlclient15off
instead of libmysqlclient16 (first uninstall 16)
Because the libmysqlclient16 ship 5.1.31 which is not compatible with amarok
2.X

After that, rm -R * on the build dir, svn checkout and ccmake .. and make
and it will be alright

Bonne chance
Simon

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 19:04, François Michonneau <
francois.michonneau at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi -
>
>  I recently upgraded to Jaunty and I am having trouble to have AmaroK
> to display my collection. This is related to a problem with embedded
> MySQL. Among others, I have the following packages installed:
> - mysql-client-5.1
> - mysql-server-5.1
> - libmysqlclient16
> - libmysqlclient16-dev
>
>  When I run amarok --debug, the first error message about MySQLe is:
>
> amarok: BEGIN: ScanManager::ScanManager(SqlCollection*)
> amarok: END__: ScanManager::ScanManager(SqlCollection*) - Took 0.00016s
> amarok:              [ERROR!] Could not connect to mysql!
> amarok:              [ERROR!] GREPME MySQLe query failed! Unknown
> database 'mx_development'  on  "na"
> amarok:              Initialized thread, count== 1
> amarok:              [ERROR!] Tried to perform escape() on uninitialized
> MySQLe
> amarok:              [ERROR!] Tried to perform query on uninitialized
> MySQLe
>
>  where "mx_development" is one of my personal database.
>
>  Can someone indicate me if there is something wrong with my
> installation?
>
>   Thanks for you help,
>   -- François

Simon Esneault
Laboratoire Traitement du Signal et de l'Image, (LTSI, UMR-INSERM 642)
Université de Rennes I, Campus de Beaulieu,
35042 Rennes Cedex, France.
Tel : +33 (0)6 64 61 30 94
Mail : simon.esneault at univ-rennes1.fr