Problem with MySQLe

François Michonneau francois.michonneau at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 17:04:04 UTC 2009

Hi -

  I recently upgraded to Jaunty and I am having trouble to have AmaroK
to display my collection. This is related to a problem with embedded
MySQL. Among others, I have the following packages installed:
- mysql-client-5.1
- mysql-server-5.1
- libmysqlclient16
- libmysqlclient16-dev

  When I run amarok --debug, the first error message about MySQLe is:

amarok: BEGIN: ScanManager::ScanManager(SqlCollection*)
amarok: END__: ScanManager::ScanManager(SqlCollection*) - Took 0.00016s
amarok:              [ERROR!] Could not connect to mysql!
amarok:              [ERROR!] GREPME MySQLe query failed! Unknown
database 'mx_development'  on  "na"
amarok:              Initialized thread, count== 1
amarok:              [ERROR!] Tried to perform escape() on uninitialized
MySQLe
amarok:              [ERROR!] Tried to perform query on uninitialized
MySQLe

  where "mx_development" is one of my personal database.

  Can someone indicate me if there is something wrong with my
installation?

   Thanks for you help,
   -- François