Phonon analyzer support.

Soren Harward stharward at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 22:07:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Jakub Mielczarek
<mielczarek86 at gmail.com> wrote:
> My name is Jakub Mielczarek and I am very interested in Goolgle Summer
> of Code project: Phonon analyzer support.
> I 've read the project description on kde.org and I would like to know
> if there is somethig I should know befor I will post my proposal. I
> mean any additional requirements. Because if it is based only on good
> C++ and Qt skills and a little bit of GStreamer and Xine I am ready to
> take a chalange.

I don't think GStreamer or Xine already include signal processing
capabilities, so you'll probably also need to use some kind of math
library (like GSL or FFTW) unless you want to write the math routines
yourself.  But it won't be nearly as complicated as the Qt, GStreamer,
and Xine will.  And there are a few of us around who are familiar with
this kind of thing and who would be happy to help.

--
Soren Harward