GSoC proposal: Enhanced Amarok UI

Enrico Ros eros.kde at email.it
Thu Apr 2 13:15:17 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 01 April 2009 20:54:07 Bart Cerneels wrote:
> 2009/4/1 Enrico Ros <eros.kde at email.it>
> > [ ... cut ... ]
>
> One of the main beneficial results of this project would be that GUI
> components will be better separated and not be interdependent. This
> will allow us to experiment more easily with new concepts.
> Dynamically changing the UI composition would only be a gadget on the
> desktop version, yet small screen devices might benefit immensely. We
> could offer the same basic Amarok UI even if it doesn't all fit on the
> screen at the same time.

Yes, stuff like that will definitely be allowed. And while the user may not be
allowed to configure the layout, some default layouts ca be 'factory-defined'.

> I can fully support this project providing that the improvements to
> the code will land in trunk fast and in relative small chucks. So I
> propose not to use one big git branch but push to svn as soon as it
> compiles and runs.

Sounds ok to me. But I hope to not break anything!! :D

> Try to break down the coding work into chunks as small as possible and
> base your timeline on that. In any case you'll need to communicate
> very regularly and clearly with the code dev's all the time, which
> means: be on IRC 24/7 :)

As an average software developer I'm not really good in following precise
timings, but I often fit into bigger chunks of work ;-) About IRC, I cannot
guarantee 24/7 or "every night" (my gf claims me 3 nights a week, for example
;-)) but I do recognize the importance of communicating and agreeing on
changes!!! So I'll be available ;-)

Enrico

 Sponsor:
 Gioca con Poker Club! Scegli il torneo che fa per te, ogni settimana puoi vincere oltre 240.000 euro!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=8876&d=2-4