Thanks and a little bug-report

Christoph Spielmann spielc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 11:46:43 UTC 2009

Hi Leo!

Leonardo Franchi wrote:
> On Thursday 02 April 2009 11:16:49 Christoph Spielmann wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody!
>>
>> Okey i have two things for you:
>>
>> First of all i wanted to thank you for the great efford you've put into
>> Amarok2 making it the best music-player out there. I have to admit that
>> i don't agree with some decision that were made during the development
>> of Amarok2 but in the end the outcome made me forget all the troubles i
>> had making amarok2 work. Keep up the great work.
>>
>> Second since a few days the tracks i listen to won't get submitted to
>> last.fm any more. When i remarked that i started amarok (using Amarok
>> 2.0.2 with Qt-4.5 and kde-4.2.1 under Gentoo) from commandline and
>> shortly after startup i get this message:
>>
>> "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>> <lfm status="failed">
>>

> Hi christoph,
>
> someone was just on IRC last night with the same issue. if you have the
> chance, it would really help me if you could run amarok from svn and try to
> confirm the problem.

I just installed the svn-version of Amarok. After i removed the
mysql-collection-database (i guess you changed the db-schema) i was able
to start it without problems. Again i got an error from lastfm on startup:

amarok(17708) KNetworkReply::setMimeType: "text/xml"
ERROR in lastfm!  13

HTH,

Christoph