MySQL Embedded status

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Sep 30 08:24:30 UTC 2008

Big O wrote:
> Does "slow" collection building count? And by "slow" I mean the exact
> same speed as with the previous database backend. There's only 10GB of

Out of curiosity, do you have lots of .pls or .m3u files in your tree?
If so, can you try removing them (temporarily via rsync with suitable
include rules if they are important) and does it speed up. I've found
that m3u file parsing really slowed things down in the past, but I've
not been able to do any suitable benchmarks of late, so this could be a
total red hering.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie