MySQL Embedded status

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Tue Sep 30 01:06:10 UTC 2008

So as I'm sure some of you know, we've been having problems with MySQL
in Amarok trunk. Thanks to a patch from the Debian maintainer, it
looks like things are in good shape now though.

Compiling Amarok with MySQL is still difficult; see the other thread
if you have trouble there.

However if you've successfully built Amarok trunk and have trouble
running Amarok or building its collection, we want to know about it. A
couple of days ago that describes about half of everyone easily. But
now your a unique butterfly and we need to know about the issue so we
can have a smooth beta2 release.

Thanks,
Ian