Build problems due to embedded mysql server

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Sep 25 08:45:45 UTC 2008

On 25.09.08 09:28:42, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > disable the parts that
> > need the embedded MySQL server if the version found is 5.0.x.
>
> In amarok? That's pretty much all of amarok that would be disabled ;)

Well, then apparently a working embedded mysql server is a requirement. So your
buildsystem should make sure its available. If its not amarok cannot be built.

May I suggest to try to compile and link a small test-cpp file against the
embedded mysql server as part of "finding mysql" and bailing out as soon as the
compile/link step fails.

Its not nice to leave people with undefined references in libraries and force
them to try to find out whats wrong. Its better to check this in the
cmake-process and provide a proper error message that tells them whats going
on ;)

Andreas

--
Today is National Existential Ennui Awareness Day.