FLAC tags

Stuart Neill stuart.neill at neill.ukfsn.org
Fri Sep 19 15:02:06 UTC 2008

On Friday 19 September 2008 15:35:18 Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Eddie Armstrong wrote:
> > Hi Stuart
> >
> >> Perhaps you could indicate how you are applying  and editing tags at
> >> present.
> >>
> >> Just as a cheeky aside, one of the Amarok2 devs might note that the tag
> >> "Disc Number" had been forgotten about when sorting the playlist.
> >
> > I know Amarok can edit tags - i am referring to non existent tag fields
> > which would be a boon to cataloguers of music if they existed. I use
> > Amarok and EasyTag for Tagging.
>
> Beware.  EasyTag uses the unmaintained id3lib library, which does not
> support ID3v2.4, which has been the current version of ID3 since 2000.
> As such EasyTag will write ID3v2.3 files (which Amarok can read), but
> Amarok writes ID3v2.4 files, which will cause EasyTag and other
> non-modern programs to complain that there is no ID3 tag in the file.

Could you just clarify this for me a little as I sometimes use EasyTag. My
understanding is that this problem would only apply to. mp3 fiiles but not to
.ogg or .flac files as those are typically tagged with ogg vorbis comments. I am
a little unsure of this, as I seem to recall having files with both sets of
tags at one time before stripping away the ID3's.

Are are you aware of any issues regarding the use of EasyTag to edit vorbis
comments in .flac's or .ogg's ?

--
Stuart Neill