No mp3 sound in amarok2, but works in amarok1

Beso givemesugarr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 19:44:07 UTC 2008

2008/9/4 Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu>:
> Beso wrote:
>
>> diego peteno, a xine-lib developer has confirmed me some time ago that
>> amarok 1.4 would not be compatible with xine-lib>= 1.1.14. now phonon
>> requires 1.1.15 and so this means that you either use the old amarok
>> or you use the new version of it.
>
> That's just lovely.
>
> Any bugs filed?  Can any amarok dev(s) comment, confirm, deny?
>
> -- Rex

i don't know if opening a bug on that would help much. maybe the devs
would have to fix some big stuff inside the amarok 1.4 engine to have
it working with the newer xine versions and it wouldn't worth the time
spent to do this instead of concentrating on getting the 2nd version
to reach the release point.

--
dott. ing. beso