No mp3 sound in amarok2, but works in amarok1

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Sep 4 17:23:15 UTC 2008

Beso wrote:

> i have gstreamer and xine backend and everything is working well. the
> problem is the too old xine-lib version. the 1.1.12 isn't enough for
> the new phonon while the 1.1.15 (required by phonon) isn't working
> with the old 1.4.9.

Confusing.  I'll have to do some more testing here.  I recall things working all around, amarok1, amarok2, phonon-xine backend (with 1.1.12 *and* 1.1.15), and phonon-gstreamer.

Are your comments just based on your singular experience, or do you have some concrete references on which to base these claims of xine-lib incompatibility?

-- Rex