Sane Mac Packages

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 12:08:38 UTC 2008

Dearly Beloved,
We are gathered here today to celebrate the joining together of a sane
installation procedure with kde/mac packages.
For those who had to struggle with clicking and installing 50 separate
packages and then putting in your password 50 separate times,
salvation is at hand. Your patience has been rewarded. Your testing
has not been in vain. Well, at least for the people running leopard on
intel macs :-)

@Amarok
Guinea pigs start your engines. Testers I mean. Same warnings apply as
last time.
This'll hose your macports installation (not really but for
simplicity's sake let's just say it will. That way if it does you
can't say I didn't warn you).
Possible conflicts between qt4-mac's and kde's phonon. Let me know if
the installer dies and where. I won't be able to test this myself till
I get back from work today.
I've included a script to create a mime-database which is necessary
for icons and stuff. It runs w/ superuser permissions so if you don't
trust me don't install (or wait for someone else to say it works :-) )
As usual I'm uploading this before I head off to work. Final location
will be http://illogic-al.org/Amarok_X.pkg.dmg
Wait about an hour from the time the list receives this message. Final
size should be MB.
If anything breaks it's all Leo's fault. Enjoy. :-D

@kde-promo
Want to coordinate w/ kde-mac for future 4.1.x releases?

@kde-mac
Do we want to sync releases w/ kde proper? Also, the packages I made
only work on 10.5 intel machines.
How do I get these hosted on our site once they're finished?

@ all lists, Please don't "Reply All" if posting a message which
doesn't apply to the other lists. I'd like to keep the various lists'
discussions separate.
Finally I'd like some intro text for the installer. What info should I
put in there? Bonus points if you just write this up yourself ;-)
--
All your gmail are belong to us.