Amarok svn (revision 855549) without sound

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Mon Sep 1 06:39:00 UTC 2008

2008/9/1 Dâniel Fraga <fragabr at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 07:36:08 +0200
> "Mark Kretschmann" <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
>
>> On 9/1/08, Dâniel Fraga <fragabr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Linux 2.6.26
>> >  gcc 4.3.2
>> >  QT 4.4.1
>> >  KDE 4.1
>> >  amarok revision 855549
>> >
>> >         Amarok shows the name of the last.fm track, but there's no sound...
>> >
>> >         KDE sound system is ok, other apps play sound fine, but Amarok2 svn not.
>> >
>> >         How can I debug this? Thanks!
>>
>> What about normal mp3 files, do they work in Amarok?
>
>        They play but I get no sound. I think I have the same problem
> as those users:

>        The Phonon engine is Xine. All other apps are ok, except Amarok
> 2 svn.
>
>        Any hints? Thanks.

Enable the security multiverse and universe repo and then install the
libxine0-ffmpeg package or something. Ubuntu upgraded main libxine but
not the plugins, causing them to be uninstalled...

Do a search for ffmpeg because I don't remember the exact package name.

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/
http://amarok.kde.org/