Amarok svn (revision 855549) without sound

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Mon Sep 1 06:32:32 UTC 2008

On 9/1/08, Dâniel Fraga <fragabr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 07:36:08 +0200
>  "Mark Kretschmann" <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
>
>  > On 9/1/08, Dâniel Fraga <fragabr at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > > Linux 2.6.26
>  > >  gcc 4.3.2
>  > >  QT 4.4.1
>  > >  KDE 4.1
>  > >  amarok revision 855549
>  > >
>  > >         Amarok shows the name of the last.fm track, but there's no sound...
>  > >
>  > >         KDE sound system is ok, other apps play sound fine, but Amarok2 svn not.
>  > >
>  > >         How can I debug this? Thanks!
>  >
>  > What about normal mp3 files, do they work in Amarok?
>

>         They play but I get no sound. I think I have the same problem
>  as those users:
>
>  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=791428
>
>         The Phonon engine is Xine. All other apps are ok, except Amarok
>  2 svn.

Uhm, are you sure that said other apps can actually play _mp3_ on your
box? E.g. the KDE system sounds are in Ogg Vorbis format, so comparing
that is apples to oranges.

I find it very, very unlikely that some apps are able to play mp3 with
Phonon, but Amarok 2 is not.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer