Suggestion for a database schema

Thomas Kamps anubis1 at linux-ecke.de
Tue Oct 14 11:36:53 UTC 2008

I have worked a little bit for a new database schema for amarok2 or
later.
It is not complete but should be enough for the basics.

For playing statics i added a listend table. Here each song gets
insertet with the date-time when it was played.
With this table you can see how often a song was played, when it was
the last time played, or the first time.

For static playlists a have the staticPlaylist table. Here you can insert
the relations between 'Playlost Name, Number' and song. This table is
able to save all static playlists. You can also find out which song is in
wich playlist.

You are free to extend and use this schema for whatever you want.

I hope my schema can help you a little bit.