amarok 2 and mysqle

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Thu Oct 2 16:54:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 9:19 PM, krege <krege_lists at sibmail.com> wrote:

> First messages were:
>
> amarok:        [ERROR!] MySQL library initialization failed.
> amarok:        [ERROR!] GREPME MySQLe query failed! Plugin 'InnoDB'
> disabled by command line option  on  "init"
>
> Not currect version of somthiing? Compiling both mysql and amarok ended
> without errors.

This is caused by not installing mysql-server if you use Debian.

Or in general, MySQL Embedded needs some data files that sometimes
aren't pulled in correctly by distros when they install
libmysqlclient-dev package.

(At least this is what the problem was last time I saw the error. The
error message doesn't have much to do with the problem, so it could be
something else for you.)

Ian