[Feedback] Amarok 2 GUI Feedback

Huynh Huu, Long long.upcase at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 30 22:28:56 UTC 2008

Hi,

the UI seems ok to me, some things could be improved:

(I guess I should make bugreports out the following issues...)

1) The "tabs" on the left don't look right to me, the contrast seems to
be wrong. It'd be IMHO more pleasing to the eyes if the shadows
looked more like the one for the seek bar.

2) The context view switching doesn't satisfy me. Usually you don't
think "let's switch to the right activity" but rather "let's switch to the
lyrics page". Something like the activity switcher applet would be cool.
Zooming out requires two clicks, which is one too much for me :)

3) Could you draw something inside the seek bar? There is a
rectangular gap, where the background shines through. This looks
awkward if the background color differs very much. I don't know
whether it's fixed already but the upper part of the volume control is
cut off.

Other than that Amarok comes along pretty nicely, and I can't wait for
being able to use it! Thanks for your work.

with kind regards,
Huynh Huu Long