Amarok2 and Phonon locks sound card

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 20:57:20 UTC 2008

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 18:40:07 +0400
Kernel <kernelonline at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I am amarok 1.x user.
>
> Recently i have tried amarok2 and found some weird problem. Amarok (or Phonon
> backend) exclusively locks my alsa sound card. Amarok doesn't unlock card
> after stopping playing (pressing stop button). Card unlocks only after
> closing Amarok.

1) make sure you have phonon 4.2.0 installed:

ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/phonon/4.2.0/

2) select de DEFAULT device in KDE System Settings -> Multimedia

	If there you choose "hw", it will lock the device...

	And, yes, the ALSA dmix advice is right.

--
Linux 2.6.28-rc6: Killer Bat of Doom
http://u-br.net