mac packages need testin' yo.

Laurent Savaete laurent.savaete at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 22 19:34:54 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm new to the list, so I hope I'm not infringeing anything here.
Just tried the RC1 package for OSX 10.5 at

10.5 intel: http://illogic-al.org/files/Amarok2_Beta_intel.dmg

I'm running osx 10.5.5 on a macbook.
Installation went fine but then:

1 - crash at startup with folllowing error message:
-------
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libtag.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/KDE4/Amarok.app/Contents/MacOS/./Amarok
  Reason: Incompatible library version: Amarok requires version 7.0.0
or later, but libtag.1.dylib provides version 1.0.0

Trace/BPT trap
-------
problem solved by getting taglib 1.5 from its homepage, and manually
compiling/installing.

2 - but amarok still crashes at startup with:
-------
<unknown program name>(16441)/: KUniqueApplication: Cannot find the
D-Bus session server
-------
After fiddling around for a while, rebooting the machine seems to have
sorted the problem.

I was running another build (found on this same mailing list around
August/September) just before installing. Maybe that caused the
problem?

Hope this is helpful.

laurent