last.fm tracks inserted into playlist

Peter Saffrey pzs at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Thu Nov 13 12:32:52 UTC 2008

I listen to Amarok using the Random Mix dynamic playlist. I like the
fact it shows me what tracks are coming up - I can remove ones I don't
feel like hearing, or dump in whole albums to listen to with random
resuming after that.

I would like to augment this behaviour by including a track recommended
by last.fm (not from my collection), say, once every 10 songs. Can I do
this with Amarok? How?

Amarok seems to implement last.fm as a single virtual track, that just
plays without moving on. I prefer the method used by Banshee, where it
puts a few recommended tracks into the playlist where I can see what
they are.

Apologies if this question has been answered before. The mailing list
archive doesn't seem to have a search feature.

Peter