Need advice with backtrace of amarok 2 beta 3

Matthias matias.liberta at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 10:51:02 UTC 2008

Hi Jeff!

Shure I can tell, it's rather simple:

I remove all configuration files, that is

rm -fr .kde4/share/apps/amarok .kde4/share/config/amarok*

I start amarok via the panel icon ( I also tried "amarok --nofork &" from the
konsole as someone else suggested, no difference in the result ).
I head directly to "Settings" -> "Configure Amarok ..." -> "Collection".
In the tree view I expand the path /home/matthias/tmp and check 1 artist
folder, let's say the group "Pinback". I klick "Apply" and after Amarok
finished reading I klick "OK", the "Configure Amarok..." dialog closes.
I expand in the "Collection View" the tree "Local Collection" -> "Pinback" ->
"Blue Screen Life" and double klick on the first track.
Boom. The KDE Crash Handler says Amarok crashed and caused signal 6 (SIGABRT).
If I choose the 2nd, 3rd or any other song instead of the first track Amarok
crashes just the same.

In reproducing this crash I've tried different Artist folders, including MP3's
with or without variable bitrate, with or without playlists, with or without
cover images. Always the same result.

When I restart Amarok after the crash, "Pinback" is still there in my "Local
Collection" I can double klick on any track and Amarok starts playing happily.

regards
matthias