3 things I miss in Amarok 2

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 10:41:53 UTC 2008

> Amarok 2 looks fantastic. Great work!

Thanks! :-)

> But what about the following things:
>
> 1. Sort levels
>
> I see you added more of this in Beta 3, however, I can't sort my collection
> as I used to:
>
> Genre - Artist - (Year) - Album
>
> Why did you remove this? Weird...  :(

Because of everything collection related being completely rewritten,
some features like this are taking a well deserved break. Be sure that
this will improve in future releases!

> 2. Stats
>
> Will they come back?
>
> http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/7425/14284413zd3.png
>
> It's missed...

Yes, definitely. Just not for 2.0.0

> 3. Fullscreen support for the video applet
>
> The video thingy is completely useless for me...double-clicking it should
> make it fullscreen!
>
> I think noone wants to watch videos in a crumbled window...

This is bit of a hot button philosophical issue that has been
discussed quite a bit. In any case, I really don't think the video
applet is quite ready for prime time yet, so changes _will_ happen,
but what kind I am not quite sure of.

> Looking forward to Amarok 2.0...thanks!

So are we! :-D

- Nikolaj