Comments chopped at 28 chars

Leif B. Kristensen leif at solumslekt.org
Wed May 28 13:16:11 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 28. May 2008, Leif B. Kristensen wrote:
>No comment at all here ... so it seems that the (partial) comment is
>only being written to the id3v1 "layer".

I discovered the -1 option, and it seems to confirm my suspicion:

$ eyeD3 -1 01\ Perdido.mp3

01 Perdido.mp3        [ 19.54 MB ]
Time: 8:32      MPEG1, Layer III        [ 320 kb/s @ 44100 Hz - Stereo ]
ID3 v1.1:
title: Perdido          artist: Ella Fitzgerald
album: First Lady Of Song [Disc 1]              year: 1949
track: 1                genre: Jazz (id 8)
Comment: [Description: ID3 v1 Comment] [Lang: eng]
Live at Jazz at the Philharm
http://solumslekt.org/ | Cruising with Gentoo/KDE
My Jazz Jukebox: http://www.last.fm/user/leifbk/