Configure Amarok to read directly ogg file on ftp server

Raphaël Vinet superaphke at gmail.com
Sun May 18 13:40:46 UTC 2008

Hi !

Can someone tell me if it's possible and how to read directly (= not
downloading it and after that reading it) a ogg file on a ftp server with
Amarok ?

If yes, how configure Amarok ? A missing plugin (the error say me that's the
problem) ? A script ?

 Example:
 -  Site openbsd  (http://www.openbsd.org/lyrics.html#43)
 - Click for example on the song 'Home to hypocrisy.ogg'
(ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/songs/song43.ogg)

 ==> When I do that with Amarok, I have the error message below:
"Error Loading Media
No suitable input plugin. This often means that the url's protocol is not
supported. Network failures are other possible causes.
ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/songs/song43.ogg"

Remark:
No problem with Kaffeine

Thx per advance