ID3v2.4 problem (again)

Richard James Edmands dmz at internode.on.net
Fri May 16 10:34:16 UTC 2008

> Tomasz B?tor <tomba4 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > On 4/26/08, Jeff Mitchell <kde-dev <at> emailgoeshere.com> wrote:
> > >  > No, unfortunately. 'Artist' becomes:
> > >  >
> > >  > 'Art'
> > >  > 'Arti'
> > >  > 'Artis'
> > >  > ...
> > >  >
> > >  > 'Album Name':
> > >  > 'Alb'
> > >  > 'Album'
> > >  > 'Album N'
> > >  >
> > >  > etc...
> > >

> > > I don't understand this at all.
> >
> > :)
> >
> > When I upload 'Album Name' with 3 songs by 'Artist', they're treated
> > as 3 different artists from 3 different albums using random number of
> > letters from original tags.
>
> hi,
> as i'm looking for a new musicplayercameraphone: can someone confirm this
> issue with amarok-written tags on the se k800i? does it also occur on the
> k810i? what about the samsung g600? any problems there?
> thanks for any hints.

I can confirm that this is a glitch with the Sony Ericsson codebase as I have a Sony Ericsson w810i.
The ID3 tag reader in Ericssons just cannot handle something with a lot of the ID3 tags out there...
You can regenerate your tags! With MusicBrainz Picard! Set it to wipe the old tags then your
Sony Ericsson phone will give you the results you're after.