sansa e200v2 support

Ljubomir Simin ljubomir.simin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 00:20:11 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Sam Fielder <srf10130 at vtc.vsc.edu> wrote:

> Sam Fielder wrote:
>  > I just received this new player, and have a few questions about using it
>  > in amarok.
>  >
>  > 1. what is the difference between msc and mtp plugins, and has anyone
>  > connected this via mtp.
>  >
>  > 2. is it possible to transfer album art (.jpg) to the player thru
>  > amarok? I have seen some info on iPods, but none for msc or mtp players.
>  >
>  > unfortunately this player can't run rockbox (yet), any advice setting it
>  > up would be appreciated.
>  >
>  > sam
>  > Amarok mailing list
>  > Amarok at kde.org
>  >
>  sorry it's an e260v2 just to clarify.
>
>  -s

Amarok handles media devices via appropriate libraries. For ipods it's
libgpod, for iRiver iFP's it's libifp, etc. You'll have to find out
which one supports your device. By looking at libmtp's compatibility
list [1] i'd guess that's the one.
As far as features are concerned, Amarok relies on features supported
by the libraries themselves. If the version of libtmp used to build
your Amarok supports album art transfer, Amarok will support it too.
Consider your package manager to check library versions.

[1] http://libmtp.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=compatibility
--
Ljubomir Simin
Registered Linux User #351181