LP Records

Dave Walker davew33 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 19:45:38 UTC 2008

Fred,

I don't think that's really a function of Amarok (and I'm speaking
strictly as a user, not a developer). You might want to take a look at
audacity. It's been a while since I've used it, but IIRC, it has
specific capabilities for encoding vinyl, such as pop/tick filters and
automatic track splitting.
--
Dave

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Fred Schuelzky <phredsky at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I'm new to kubuntu and Amarok, 3 months now.  I've moved all of mine and
>  my sons and girlfriends cd's into my music folder.  My first question,
>  is  it possible to record my 33 1/3 lp's into my music directory  1 or 2
>  a night. hmm might take several months?
>
>  Question two, I have my friend set up as a user how can I set her up to
>  access my music files?
>

>  TIA
>  Fred

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security,
deserve neither liberty or security."
-- Benjamin Franklin