Amarok menu organiztion on the mac

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 17:21:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org>
wrote:

> On 3/21/08, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Maximilian Kossick <mkossick at gmx.de>
> wrote:
> >  >  And "Engage" is not confusing?
> >  >
> >  >  Max (who knows that it's supposed to be joke...it's just that he
> feels that an
> >  >  application's menu bar might not be the proper place for a Star Trek
> joke)
> >  >

> > Well I always felt it was better then "Actions", certainly better then
> >  two Play* menus.
>
> Can't we just special case it somehow for OSX? There must be a way to
> avoid having two "Amarok" menus?

The only way I know of is to rename the second menu entry. The first must be
the application's name.
And all the changes I've made here are all special cases only for OS X. None
of these changes will show up in linux/windows versions.

As for the second issue. Playback next to playlist does look a bit weird,
but those menu titles indicate exactly what the entries control so I think
they should stay. We can just reorganize to make playlist show up later on

Amarok   Playback    Tools   Playlist   Settings   Help

Or we can just rip a menu title directly from iTunes/Play (and probably
other OS X media players) and change the name to "Controls".

Amarok   Controls    Playlist   Tools   Settings   Help

OR we can just rename it to "File". Most of the operations are performed on
files anyway.

> --
> Mark

All your gmail are belong to us.