GSoC proposal draft: CD stack

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Thu Mar 20 23:11:45 UTC 2008

On 20/03/2008, Rob Scheepmaker <r.scheepmaker at student.utwente.nl> wrote:
> Hi Amarok devs.
>
>  I want to apply for GSoC this year, and I've made a first draft for my
>  application. I would like to get some feedback on it. The proposal can
>  be found at:
>
>  http://cripplefight.student.utwente.nl/cdstack.pdf
>
>  Any time you can spare to read and comment on this proposal is much
>  appreciated!

Hi Rob,
A nice proposal, however you are missing one of the more important
aspects: a time line which communicates to us what you will be doing
and when. You need to specify how much time you expect to work on the
project, such as literature reviews, getting familiar with the code
base, design, implementation, testing etc.

Since you are in Europe, your summer break is different to the US, and
from experience we know that non-us students really need to be upfront
about other commitments such as university and work.

Regards

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/