LP Records

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Wed Mar 19 23:50:15 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 06:25:38PM -0500, Fred Schuelzky wrote:
> I'm new to kubuntu and Amarok, 3 months now.  I've moved all of mine and
> my sons and girlfriends cd's into my music folder.  My first question,
> is  it possible to record my 33 1/3 lp's into my music directory  1 or 2
> a night. hmm might take several months?

The intertron is replete with links on how to rip LPs in an automated
fashion. I personally wouldn't use amarok for that, but you certainly
can rip right into your music folder if you want.

> Question two, I have my friend set up as a user how can I set her up to
> access my music files?

The ways are endless again. But I again wouldn't use amarok for this. I
would most likely use a daap server, slimserver or just share the music
folder over the network using samba, nfs or whatever floats your boat.

Erik Hovland
mail: erik at hovland.org
web: http://hovland.org/
PGP/GPG public key available on request