Weird problem using the Organize Files feature

Jonathan Mezach jmezach at home.nl
Fri Mar 14 16:06:50 UTC 2008

Hello guys,

I'm having some problems using the Organize Files feature in Amarok 1.4.8. I'm
running Slamd64 12.0 (64 bit version of Slackware) and using KDE 3.5.8.
Kernel version is reported as follows:

Linux jonathan 2.6.24.2 #2 SMP PREEMPT Sat Mar 1 18:35:03 CET 2008 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have a couple of MP3 files on an external harddisk which is using the NTFS
filesystem. When I'm trying to organise some of the files, Amarok says it
couldn't organize them. Checking the .xsession-errors file in my home
directory shows the following message:

QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
amarok: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol ''.
amarok:

This used to work fine on my old machine, which was running Slackware 12 (the
non 64 bit version). So I tried moving the files to my home directory and
then organizing them there, but this still gave me the same errors.

I'm hoping there is a solution to this problem, because I really liked this
feature.

Greetings,

Jonathan