Portable database

Andreas Schäfer gentryx at gmx.de
Fri Mar 14 08:42:17 UTC 2008

On 09:36 Fri 14 Mar     , Sven Jacobs wrote:
> Hm, that's a workaround but not a solution! ;) You have to update your
> configs from the Subversion repository every time you start Amarok and
> commit changes afterwards. Also you need a central server for the
> Subversion repository which ideally is always on.

Sorry, what I wrote was unclear. I didn't want to suggest the use of
SVN to sync your Amarok collection, but that you should use symlinks
to relocate your Amarok config to your USB storage. (just like I use
symlinks to relocate the configs for other programs). This way there
would be no hassle for you with manually syncing via SVN.

Cheers
-Andreas

Andreas Schäfer
Cluster and Metacomputing Working Group
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Germany
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
I'm a bright... http://www.the-brights.net

(\___/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!