[Feedback] Ideas to make better

Locuslarsen at cox.net Locuslarsen at cox.net
Sun Mar 9 20:07:37 UTC 2008

Eric sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

Excellent program thus far.  As a recent linux convert, I am very impressed
with Amarok.  I can't wait for 2.0.  I have a couple things that I think
would be a great addition.
1)  First and foremost... Repeat A->B.  Basically two location points that
you set and the music will loop/repeat that portion.  My CD has this
function and I really miss it since moving to MP3s.  I play guitar, and
others like myself hate having to quit playing to keep going back to a
portion of a song when we are just starting to get the riff right.  Even if
its not a base function like repeat is,having it available to add to the
tool bar for people who want it would be the cats meow.
2)  Right clicking the amarok icon has play/pause/stop/etc.....adding a
volume bar would be a great thing.
3)  Last but not least, I don't expect this to be on the next release, but
it would be nice.  When "organizing" music, allow Amarok to auto sort mp3,
wma, flac, etc into different folders....  Like I have two music folders I
use.  One is just for flac, ogg, and wma, and another folder for mp3s.
Then those two folders are sorted into Letter/band/album....  But a couple
times I have forgotten to change the folder on the drop down menu.  It
would be nice if there was an option to organize all mp3s to one base
folder, all flac to another base folder, etc.

But thanks for reading this far.  Keep up the great work.