coverflow for amarok 2

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Sun Mar 9 20:01:39 UTC 2008

Sunday 09 March 2008 Johannes von Scheidt wrote:
> Hi amarok-users,
>
> Maybe you know Apple coverflow in Itunes and on the new IPods.
> I think it's a very nice feature for amarok 2. And so i looked for an
> open-source
> project. And I found one. It's a Summer of Code project named
> "pictureflow" [1]. It's a coverflow-like application for QT an Qtopia.
> So it shouldn't be very hard to integrate this. What do you think about
> my idea?
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/pictureflow/

  While we are aware of CoverFlow, we are also aware of the inherent
uselessness of the concept... We do, however, recognise the potential
usefulness of eyecandy, and so we set out to figure out a way of making
CoverFlow itself useful. What we came up with was the CD Stack idea. Please
check out the KDE Summer of Code page[2] for more information on this :)

[2] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Summer_of_Code/2008/Ideas#Amarok

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://www.leinir.dk/