ogg corruption

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Mar 3 20:19:34 UTC 2008

Bart wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Where do I go to discuss Amarok bugs? I just found that tagging my
> oggs with it corrupts the metadata, and makes these file unplayable...
> I'd like to know where to discuss the details, since I don't even know
> what is doing the actual tagging yet.

Bart--

Tagging is done via the tagging library Taglib.  You didn't include any
information about what version of Amarok, what distribution, etc.  Many
distributions are still carrying the original vanilla Taglib 1.4
release, which has known issues -- many other distributions have
packaged SVN snapshots of Taglib or the recently-released version 1.5.

I would encourage you to write back with much more detailed
information.  Versions of everything, exactly what you did, what the
corruption entails, and so on.  We may end up forwarding you to the
taglib list or may have some other suggestions for you.

--Jeff