"random album" mode gets stuck

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sun Mar 2 16:04:16 UTC 2008

Amarok is great, I use it as my primary music player. There is just one
annoyance: if I am in "Random Album", "Repeat Off" mode, it goes along
fine for a while, playing entire albums then jumping to a new random
album, then eventually it will get stuck repeating the same album over
and over again as though "Repeat Album" mode were on (but it isn't).
Skipping to the next song just goes round and round in the same album as
well. The only way I can get out of it is to manually remove the songs
on that album from the playlist, at which point I can skip to the next
song and it will choose another album and go merrily along for a while
until it eventually gets stuck on a different album. I can find no rhyme
or reason to this; it's not always the same album or set of albums that
it gets stuck on.

This seems similar to, but not the same as, other problems I've seen
described (such as problems with multidisc albums).

Has anyone else seen this? If it's already been discussed endlessly,
please go easy on me. I've spent quite a bit of time in Google already,
and anybody who has ever done it knows that trying to find something in
the archives through the Mailman interface (which lacks a content search
feature) is tedious at best.

Is there a "skip to the next album" command? I haven't found it by
pressing random keys or looking through the configured shortcuts. Is
there a DCOP command to do this so I could at least break out of the
loop without having to manually remove the current album from the
playlist?

I am using 1.4.8 on Fedora 8, and have seen the same behavior with 1.4.5
on Fedora Core 6.

Thanks in advance,
--Greg