[Fwd: Re: 100% CPU while searching in collection browser]

Lucky Captain Rabbit King jer at gweep.net
Sat Mar 1 15:17:17 UTC 2008

this MySQL command will make it so there can be only one
entry for the pair of path,deviceid .

alter ignore table images add primary key(path,deviceid);

but before you add that, I would ask the developers if
there was a reason why there wasn't a primary key on the
images table in the first place.

		-jer

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 09:51:15AM -0500, Dr. Diesel wrote:
> I've already dropped the tables and rescanned, hoping for a fix
> earlier.  Since then I've also deleted the album art for that folder,
> suspecting it was the cause!  So a rescan now would likely fix that
> particular song.  I've found others as well.
>
> I'll try any all hacks/fixes/proposals to help!  Just let me know what
> to attempt!
>
> Thanks to all,
> Andy
>
> On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Jeff Mitchell <kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com> wrote:
> > I'm forwarding Andy's email back to the list.  I found the source of his
> >  issues...it's a MySQL query that is returning 40,000-odd hits for an
> >  album image.  Anyone know how/why his database may have gotten into this
> >  state? (see his email for the query that triggers it)
> >
> >  My guess would be to just have him drop all those entries and rescan,
> >  but it'd be good to know why this happened in the first place.
> >
> >  --Jeff
> >

> > Actually not all the same, but close!  I've attached the results.
> >

> >  On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 9:07 AM, Dr. Diesel <dr.diesel at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  > Jeff, I think you may have found it!  This script:
> >  >
> >  >  SELECT images.deviceid,images.path FROM images, artist, tags WHERE
> >  >  images.artist = artist.name AND artist.id = tags.artist AND
> >  >  tags.sampler = 1 AND images.album  LIKE 'Metal Blade 15th Anniversary
> >  >  Disc 1' ESCAPE '/'  AND images.deviceid IN (1,2,3,-1)
> >  >
> >  >  Returns 38068 records!  I bet the 100% CPU is caused by loading all of
> >  >  these images!
> >  >
> >  >  Here is a glimpse, all of the records are the same:
> >  >
> >  >  |       -1 | ./main/MP3/By Artists/Various Artists/Metal Blade 15th
> >  >  Anniversary Disc 1/Folder.jpg
> >  >       |
> >  >  |       -1 | ./main/MP3/By Artists/Various Artists/Metal Blade 15th
> >  >  Anniversary Disc 1/Folder.jpg
> >  >       |
> >  >  |       -1 | ./main/MP3/By Artists/Various Artists/Metal Blade 15th
> >  >  Anniversary Disc 1/Folder.jpg
> >  >       |
> >  >  |       -1 | ./main/MP3/By Artists/Various Artists/Metal Blade 15th
> >  >  Anniversary Disc 1/Folder.jpg
> >  >       |
> >  >  |       -1 | ./main/MP3/By Artists/Various Artists/Metal Blade 15th
> >  >  Anniversary Disc 1/Folder.jpg
> >  >       |
> >  >  |       -1 | ./main/MP3/By Artists/Various Artists/Metal Blade 15th
> >  >  Anniversary Disc 1/Folder.jpg
> >  >       |
> >  >  |       -1 | ./main/MP3/By Artists/Various Artists/Metal Blade 15th
> >  >  Anniversary Disc 1/Folder.jpg
> >  >       |
> >  >  |       -1 | ./main/MP3/By Artists/Various Artists/Metal Blade 15th
> >  >  Anniversary Disc 1/Folder.jpg
> >  >       |
> [...]

jer at sidehack.gweep.net           Programmer / Sysadmin / Gweep
mpython at gnu.org          -><-    Author of Xtacy, an X11 Graphics Hack
jer_johnson at real.life.edu        http://www.gweep.net/~jer/index.html
ICQ#: 19599864  AIM: DruelChaos YM!: DruelChaos GT: druelchaos