new libmtp version 0.3.0

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Sat Jun 28 17:11:48 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 25 June 2008, Sam Fielder wrote:
> what needs to be patched to be able to use this?  I desperately need to
> be able to use this for my sansa e200.
>
> is it possible to just patch a source file and build this myself?

Sam,

You'll probably need to patch the relevant source files in Amarok yourself.
Right now most of us are busy with Amarok 2, and we haven't been planning on
more releases of Amarok 1. If you patch it in such a way that it can work for
both APIs of libmtp (using #ifdefs and the like) then we can consider a
1.4.9.2 release, but most distributions still have the 0.2 series of libmtp,
and the ones that will carry A2 natively are likely to be the ones with 0.3,
so we definitely can't break libmtp 0.2 compatibility.

--Jeff