Sending Songs from Amarok via Bluetooth

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jun 27 09:51:06 UTC 2008

Amichai Rotman wrote:
> Hello.
>
> This is my first post to the list!
>
> I wasn't able to find an answer on the WEB, so I decided to ask you guys...
>
> I would like to send songs from my Collection in Amarok via Bluetooth
> to my mobile (a Nokia N770).
>
> The USB interface is much too slow,
>
> I tried to auto-detect devices and nothing was found (the N770 is set to
> be always hidden - but my Nokia 6120c is paired nd I can use OBEX Server
> to send files to the phone...
>
> Any way to do that?

Yup :)

Step 1 is to get the browsing of the phone working in Konqueror.. You
should be able to do that with the help of kbluetooth.

You should then be able to browse your phone via OBEX FTP.

Once you have that configured you should have a URL in konq something
like like obex://[aa:bb:cc::7]/  or vaguely similar (I can't remember of
the top of my head).

Step 2 is to set up a "Generic Media Device" in Amarok. And use this URL
as the "Mount Point". You can then "add tracks to Media device" etc.
like any other and then send them to your phone in a batch. You can even
do the necessary transcoding etc. if you need.

Hope that helps.

Col