Amarok 2: resource or device busy?

Beso givemesugarr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 07:54:22 UTC 2008

2008/6/27 Dâniel Fraga <fragabr at gmail.com>:

>        I've been using Amarok 1.4.9.1 without problems and I can play
> multiple sounds at the same time while amarok is playing some music.
>
>        Now with Amarok 2, it seems to lock the device and I can't play
> sounds when Amarok 2 is playing music.
>
>        What has changed? Something related to Phonon? Is there a way to

amarok 1.4 was going directly with alsa or pulseaudio or another sound
server. the problem is that phonon needs to be compiled to support the sound
server that stands behing so that you can use phonon and another player at
the same time.
and as you think if you go directly with alsa also the 1.4 serie locks the
audio device via xine-lib or helix engine. the fact that you had a sound
server under this alsa layer is indicated by the fact that you were able to
use more than one devices at the same time.

--
dott. ing. beso