[Feedback] Amarok 2 for Windows

Daniel Winter dw at danielwinter.de
Tue Jun 24 20:00:25 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 24 June 2008 20:07:21 Beso wrote:
> well, i thought that amarok 2 would just take full advantage of qt-phonon,
> but i see now that's not really accurate. i don't really care since i don't
> use windows, but i just can't see kde to get on windows too to put it on
> some pcs of my friends.

Well, amarok2 depends on qt and kdelibs.  As they will be avaible for Windows
(ok they are already)  Amarok2 will run native on Windows.

And your friends do not need to install the KDE Desktop. Only the libs.

At the moment there is an easy installer for that but it will install more
than you really need.  I think that we will see easy installers for Amarok2
for Windows which will just install everything needed and Amarok2. And then
there will be a startmenu entry for Amarok2 and that is everything you will
see than from kde.

Here a screenshot from Amarok2 on my PC running Vista: (the screenshot is some
weeks old):

http://luna.der-winti.de/winamarokmarble.png

So I see no problems with the fact that it needs kdelibs.

DanielW