Amarok with LIRC

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Mon Jun 16 06:17:21 UTC 2008

Amarok Mailing List,

I've set up Amarok to be my music player on a Mythbuntu machine.

I've got the buttons mapped so I can increase the volume and skip
between songs. I do this by setting DCOP commands within the .lircrc
file, as described on this web page:
http://acidzebra.blogspot.com/2007/07/integrating-mythtv-and-amarok_17.html

So, for example, to start playing, the command is:
dcop amarok player play

However, what I can't quite figure out how to do is select playlists.
Assuming I have the "Playlists" tab open all the time, I want to somehow
move the focus over to the left hand side of the screen, and step
through my playlists, and radio stresms, and select one to move into the
right hand side of the screen. Then I want to be able to move back to
the right to be able to step through individual songs.

What would be the right DCOP commands for doing so?

Note that I don't want to get into the whole mess of using my remote as
a mouse, as it's kind of hard to both see and accurately move the mouse
when sitting at a distance. I'm hoping there are commands I can utilize
to move from one window to another, kind of like how one can press Alt+n
to get the "Engage" drop down menu.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

--