iPod ClassiciTunes database

Ben Engbers Ben.Engbers at BrouwerCP.nl
Sun Jun 15 22:04:54 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am using Amarok 1.4.9.1 on KDE3.5.9-5.fc7 on Fedora.

Last week, while visiting New York for a long weekend, I have bought an
iPod classic 80 Gb. From a Windows PC, my daughter has copied some music
to the iPod.

As soon as I connect this to my laptop - after configuring Amarok to use
the iPod media device plugin  on /mnt/sdb1 - the iPod is recognized and
Amarok shows all the music.
I have tried to copy music from my laptop to the iPod, to create
playlists and fill the playlists. Amarok gives no errors and when I
click the Transfer-button, I see the transfer taking place.

When I click the disconnect, the iPod is unmounted. It says however that
it contains no music.
When I connect the iPod again to the laptop, Amarok still shows all the
music I copied before.
After connecting the iPod to Windows again, I have to reinitialize again
and all the content is lost.

Question:
Do I have to configure (how) pre- or post mount?
What else could be going wrong?

Thanks,
Ben