better visualization control? (Shashank Singh)

enaut enaut.w at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 7 14:59:17 UTC 2008

Richard James Edmands schrieb:
> libvisual is dead upstream. with xmms visualizations being dead &
> libvisual dead. the only linux visualization library not suffering from
> serious bitrot is projectm.
>
> someone needs to either take over the libvisual project or fork it.
> there's also the possibility of creating a completely new library from
> scratch.
> projectm is fun for a while, but more visualizations are needed... maybe
> a port of the current winamp one? it was opensourced a while ago iirc...
> tho the entire codebase has got lots of winamp stuff tightly embedded...
projectm supports milkdrop (btw. milkdrop = winamp) plugins and on my
ubuntu system I have about 70 different visualizations. And I'm sure
that you could add many more... but the thing why I rarely use ist is
that its socomplicated to get it running (rightclick on the
visualization...select plugins... select it... resize the window...
toggle fullscreen...) way too much I think for a visualisation...