Mysql DB+2.0

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 13:15:41 UTC 2008

On 7/30/08, Rob R. <robroby at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if there is any way icold/can transfer my mysql data
> from 1.4 to the new Amarok 2.x ?
> I have a relatively large amount of music with Playcounts, Score,
> Rating all done and was wondering if there was any way i can import
> all that to the new Amarok 2.x ?

We will provide database upgrading tools when we release 2.0. I believe they
already exist / are being written,  but i don't know how far along they are
yet. Also, as the internal Mysql-e support is still being written, the 2.0
schema is still up in the air.

But the bottom line is we will provide an upgrade path for users to keep all
their data!

leo

Leo Franchi
7016 Wandering Oak          lfranchi at kde.org
Austin                        leonardo.franchi at tufts.edu
cell: (650) 704 3680
TX, USA                              home: (650) 329 0125