[Feedback] MP3, Amarok 2

Gregory Meyer greg at gkmeyer.com
Wed Jul 16 14:00:15 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 8:42 AM,  <TheMathers at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Mathers sent a message using the contact form at
> http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
>
> Hello,
>
> I installed Amarok 2 with the command:
> apt-get install amarok-kde4
>
> You see, I'm using KDE4(.1).
> My question is how to play mp3-files.
> I've already installed lame, but Amarok still doesn't play mp3-files :(

Assuming you are using ubuntu, I don't think it is an amarok problem,
but that ubuntu cripples mp3 playback to comply with the software
patents related to the mp3 codec.  lame is an encoder, not a decoder,
so it doesn't help.  You have to figure out how to enable it in the
distro, but I think the mp3 decoder is called mad.