Large Playlist (16625 entries) gets very slow usingn mysql

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Fri Jul 11 10:19:45 UTC 2008

On 2008.07.11. 12:57, Siegfried Wolkenstein wrote:
> I am talking about the playlist. I like to have my whole collection in one
> playlist.

well, that wouldn't work with amarok too well.
i'd suggest following this walkthrough here -
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Dynamic_Playlist_Walkthrough

try to use such a playlist for a week or two, and you'll appreciate both
the powerful capabilities of smart/dynamic playlists & small playlist ;)

for searching, use collection browser - it should be MUCH faster.

--
  Rich