[Feedback] Please have FLAC seek fixed

Beso givemesugarr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 20:56:01 UTC 2008

2008/7/7 Jeff Mitchell <kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com>:

> Tibor Horvath wrote:
> > Jeff,
> >
> > I tried the arts engine in desperation. I have Amarok 1.3.9 (KDE 3.5.2)
> > and Xine 1.1.1. <http://1.1.1.> I couldn't get Amarok 2 to work for me.
> >
> > Seeking in FLAC does not require seek points; other players (e.g.
> > Rhythmbox 0.9.3.1 <http://0.9.3.1>) play and seek in them fine.
>
> Tibor,
>
> Amarok 1.3.9 hasn't been supported in years, and Amarok 2 isn't even
> released yet.  I don't know about xine's support policy, but 1.1.1 is
> extremely old as well.
>
> You need to upgrade.
>
> --Jeff

yep, you should upgrade your system once in a while.... your packages are
really old.... now were at nearly 1.12 of xine (and xine releases are quite
rare) and amarok 1.3.9 is something that is really prehystory.... i suppose
you're also running an old 2.4 kernel on this system.... this means a system
that has been built about 4-5 years ago and that has every single package as
a really old package....

--
dott. ing. beso