extragear/multimedia/amarok/src

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Mon Jul 7 05:10:29 UTC 2008

On 7/7/08, Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org> wrote:
> 2008/7/7 Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org>:
>
> > SVN commit 828798 by markey:
>  >
>  > Remove the "Stop" action menu, which provided the following two options: "Now" and "After Current Track".
>  >
>  > Reasoning for removal:
>  > * It added an extra sub-menu in the systray menu. When you pressed Stop, another menu cames up, which was a hassle.
>  > * It added an extra arrow in the main toolbar, which looked quite ugly and confusing.
>  > * Seems that the "Stop After Current Track" feature was not very popular.
>  >
>  > If anyone is against the removal, please speak up now.
>
> Yes, I found this feature really useful, and am against it's removal.
>
>  I agree however, that the secondary popup menu was really annoying and
>  out of place. We either need to have simply the stop action in the
>  menu or menu with a default action associated withit.

I've been thinking about this, and I have come up with a simple solution:

We could have an additional entry in the main menu, saying "Stop
After..". Clicking it, you'd get a dialog, which let's you choose
between two options:

* After current track (default)
* In XX minutes

This would provide even more functionality than the original feature,
e.g. you could also use it as a timer for going to sleep. But it would
also be less obtrusive.

Good compromise?

--
Mark Kretschmann