amarok fails to start remotely over X11

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 16:10:34 UTC 2008

I am trying to start up Amarok on a remote host with a local X11 Display.
They're connected on a high speed ethernet.

I tried with 2 different machines, one using cygwin/X11 and the other
was using Debian/KDE.
In both cases, Amarok splash screen would show, then I'd get this message:
Amarok: [Loader] Amarok is taking a long time to load! Perhaps
something has gone wrong?

Then I'd have to hit ctrl-C to get rid of the splash screen.

Using amarok in this way worked fine a month ago (debian lenny), and
seemed to stop working after a recent upgrade.
Has anyone else experienced this?